Saturday, January 28, 2017
EMERGENCY ACTION: JFK Immigration Detention Rally and Vigil, 6 pm, 1/28/17
Statement from the organizers
In direct coordination with the Port Authority we will be meeting outside of JFK Terminal 4 Arrivals on the outer roadway.
Holocaust Remembrance Day was Friday and today Trump's racist executive actions have already resulted in people being detained at JFK (without access to their legal representation) because of their country of origin. Let's put action behind words and meet at JFK Terminal 4 Arrivals at 6PM to hold a vigil and rally against the detentions. NO BAN, NO WALL, SANCTUARY FOR ALL!
We know there are many folks that are heading straight to Terminal 4 right now. We are working with community organizations to arrange for peaceful demonstrations throughout the day culminating with a havdalah ritual lead by Rabbi Rachel Grant Meyer at 6PM. Speakers to follow.
Please use hashtags: #NoMuslimBanJFK and #Terminal4; no more than two at a time on Twitter becase more supresses tweets!
Special Thanks to support from:
- Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer
- Councilmember Carlos Menchaca
- Councilmember Mark Levine
- Councilmember Brad Lander
- Make the Road New York
- Jews for Racial and Economic Justice [JFREJ]
- Jewish Voices for Peace - New York
- New York Civil Liberties Union - NYCLU
- The New York Immigration Coalition
- Human Rights First
- MPower Change
- Community Development Project of Urban Justice Center
- Working Families Party
For updates and to RSVP: